TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BPG Media publish Your Cat and Your Dog Magazines and encourage you to make use of our web sites, yourdog.co.uk and yourcat.co.uk, and to adhere to the terms and conditions when using our products.
By uploading content to websites published by BPG Media (including yourcat.co.uk and yourdog.co.uk), you give permission to BPG Media to use your content for other purposes, including republishing in media such as books and magazines, both in print and electronically. BPG Media is unable to pay to reuse this content.
BPG Media welcomes you to use our sites but we cannot take responsibility for actions caused directly or indirectly through the use of our sites. We strongly recommend the use of any security measures installed on your computer, including up to date anti virus software and also updating your system and web browser for the latest security releases. We also recommend as a good computer practice to back up any important information such as documents and photos to prevent any loss. This is good general computer practice for all web browsing.
When you register, you register as a personal user of the site. Access to registration areas is by your username and password.
We allow you access to the registration areas on the basis that:
* Your email address and password are your own and not used by anyone else to access the site.
* You do not create additional accounts to abuse the functionality of the site; or pass yourself off as another user.
* You do not use the site to sell goods or services withour prior permission from BPG Media.
* You adhere to the forum rules and comply with the terms and conditions.
If we believe that you have not complied with the terms and conditions we may cancel your access to registration areas without giving notice.
These general rules apply to competitions run in Your Dog magazine/website:
- These rules include any instructions set out in the terms of the competition. By entering this competition the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and instructions and to be bound by them.
- Any employees of BPG Media or any other person who is directly connected with this competition (the sponsor for example) or their immediate family will be ineligible to enter. Persons under the age of 18 may only enter with the written consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Any entry which is incomplete, illegible, late or otherwise does not comply with the rules may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of BPG Media.
- All entries will be examined.
- In the case of a prize draw, the winner/s will be the first names pulled out of the competition entries on the closing date given.
- If there is a question and answer format, the prize or prizes will be awarded to the competitor with the correct answer. If there is more than one correct entry the winner will be the entrant who, in the sole opinion of the panel of judges, has submitted the wittiest (most original, fitting, best) response to a tie-breaker.
- There is no cash alternative to the competition prize.
- The winner will be notified as soon as he or she has been ascertained. Depending on the competition, the result may be published in the earliest possible issue of Your Dog magazine and/or on the Your Dog website.
- The editor’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and binding.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- One entry per person or machine.
- By entering a Your Dog competition online or in print, you give permission for BPG Media to use your content for other purposes, including republishing in media such as books and magazines, both in print and electronically. BPG Media is unable to pay to reuse this content.
Use of material
BPG Media sells advertising space on all our websites, including display advertising, directory listings and editorial sponsorship.
Third party material
All those wishing to take part in the forum must agree to abide by the following conditions.
1.Not to post any material that is knowingly inaccurate, false or threatening, obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person. We will not accept insulting posts, rudeness or personal attacks, that will upset other users, of any kind.
2. Copyrighted material must not be posted unless the copyright is owned either by you or this website.
3. We reserve the right to remove offensive and inflammatory posts without notice.
4. We do allow full and frank debates on the pros and cons of a particular product or service but any posts that are intended solely or primarily to either advertise or discredit will be subject to moderation or deletion. To use the forum to advertise goods and services may result in your membership cancelled.
5. We provide a dedicated Classifieds section on this website for the buying and selling of products and services, please use this to post your own advertisements and contact the appropiate advertising department.
6. Bourne Publishing Group (BPG), the owners of this site, reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
7. We do not verify or vouch for the accuracy of claims made in this forum. In no case should answers given through these forums be taken in place of proper veterinary/medical advice.
8. YOU are responsible for the content of your messages and the conduct of your account. You consent to BPG disclosing information we hold about you to any proper prosecuting or investigating authority in the case of a complaint or legal action due to any message or comment posted by you here in the yourdog.co.uk and yourcat.co.uk forums.
9. BPG Media reserve the right to withhold access to this or any of our other forums for users who abuse these rules. These cover the most common situations but cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
BPG Media (who own and manage both yourdog.co.uk and yourcat.co.uk websites) is committed to protecting your personal information.
When you interact with our brands, BPG Media sometimes receive personal information about you. For example, if you register on yourdog.co.uk or yourcat.co.uk, you might tell us who you are and how we can contact you.
How do we use your information?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
* To contact you (for example, we might call you if you are eligble to product test for a magazine feature)
* To provide you with services (eg to send you a newsletter or a news alert, if you have asked for them)
* To send you information and promotional material from approved third party sources (if you have agreed to this)
We won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree. You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any stage.
How to reach us
BPG Media websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will BPG Media collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of BPG Media's services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, or forums and social media, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone, and information about your pets, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable BPG Media to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
How will BPG Media use the information they collect about me?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that BPG Media may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries.
- BPG Media may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
When will BPG Media contact me?
BPG Media may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that the BPG Media can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to BPG Media, e.g. on the forums;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about BPG Media services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this.
Will BPG Media share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described below. Generally, we will only use your information within BPG Media. However, sometimes BPG Media uses third parties to process your information. BPG Media requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and the BPG Media requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
Offensive or inappropriate content on a BPG Media website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to a BPG Media website, BPG Media may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where BPG Media reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), BPG Media may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to BPG Media. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will BPG Media keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. You ca cancel your registration as a BPG Media website member at any time and your account is deleted.
Where you contribute material to a BPG Media website we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, we will only keep copies of entries to a photographic competition for the duration of the competition. However other projects could have a longer, or even permanent, duration.
Can I find out what personal information BPG Media holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information BPG Media holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Cookies Policy - Information BPG Media collects from you
Cookies make websites work better
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites or sometimes by emails. They provide useful information to companies, which helps in all sorts of ways. For you, it means you can use the site more efficiently and save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. They also make sure you receive the most relevant information from us. Cookies help us to analyse how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements.
We use three types of cookies on our websites
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites.
- Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
Some of these cookies are essential and some are non-essential.
Some cookies are essential
Certain cookies are necessary in order for you to use our websites. These are used 'in-session' each time you visit and then expire when you leave the site. They’re not stored on your computer and they don't contain any personal data. However, you can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this will restrict the functions that you're able to carry out on our sites. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About cookies website
Here’s a list of essential cookies:
|Session cookies |
These enable you to carry out some essential functions on our sites, such as maintaining log in details for the session or a transaction. They also help by minimising the need to transfer information across the internet. They are not stored on your computer and they expire when you terminate your browser session.
|Tracking cookies |
These enable us to recognise repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, we're able to record specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path you take through the site. By monitoring this information we’re able to make improvements to our sites and by combining it with other information we hold about you we can serve personalised content to you on your return.
We use Google's software to analyse page use, page interactions and the routes our customers take through our sites. These are known as 'web metrics'. We don't record any personal information you provide during an on-site purchase or any other process
Some cookies are non-essential
These cookies are usually supplied by our business partners and help us to filter out irrelevant messages or pop-ups and to make sure that we only send you information that’s interesting and relevant to you. We also use some non-essential cookies for analytical purposes. Here's a list of non-essential cookies and how they're used:
|Survey control cookies|| |
These are provided by Google amongst others to enable us to send surveys about our sites to customers. Accepting this cookie means that you won't be asked to complete the survey if you’ve already done so or declined previously.
|Marketing cookies|| |
These cookies help us tailor the advertisements you see on third party sites by understanding what interests you on our sites, such as the pages you view. We don't combine this information with other personal information you provide us with.
|Google Analytics|| |
We use Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google enabling us to recognise repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, we're able to record specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path you take through the site. By monitoring this information we're able to make improvements to our sites.
Google also reserve the rights to the data collected.
You can accept or block cookies
By using our websites you agree that we can place both essential and non-essential cookies on your device.
You can block any cookies from any website through your browser settings. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About cookies website
These cookies make it quicker and easier for you to access sites on subsequent visits that use Flash technology. Deleting them means you may have to re-enter information each time you visit the same site. But just like any cookie, you can delete Flash cookies by going to the Settings Manager for your Adobe Flash Player. You will be taken to the Adobe website, which lists the websites with the cookies in your browser. Just click Delete opposite the relevant website.
Cookies within mobile applications
We only use essential cookies within our mobile applications. You cannot opt-out or delete these cookies as they are critical to the functionality of the application. These cookies are not shared with any other application on your mobile device. We never use these cookies to store personal information about you.
Find out more
You’ll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.